- Do something kind and generous for someone else.
- Volunteer at an animal shelter.
- Eat a delicious meal slowly while savoring every bite.
- Listen to the music you grew up with while dancing and singing to the lyrics.
- Remember what you used to do for fun and do it.
- Play a team sport with your adult friends.
As ironic as it sounds, being open and receptive to joy and smiles can be difficult for some. In order to be really in the moment and laugh with authenticity, you have to let your guard down, release control, and become vulnerable to the unknown.
We have a certain comfort in the expected and routine even if it entails chaos and crazy. Give yourself permission today to relax, let go of the reigns, and rediscover the little things that make you laugh, bring inner peace, and create uncontrollable giggles and fun.